Daniel A. Kaskel
Daniel Kaskel is a member of the Community Associations Practice Group; and Co-Chair of the firm’s Real Estate, Corporate, Land Use & Financial Services Group. Mr. Kaskel is a Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer by the Florida Bar, practicing in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, real estate financing, condominium and homeowner association formation and operation, real estate and commercial lending, retail and office leasing, zoning issues and title insurance matters. He has represented real estate developers and investors in virtually all phases of project financing and development throughout the United States, including bulk acquisition of condominium units management of distressed properties, development/acquisition/financing of mixed used communities, shopping centers, residential high rise projects, office parks, assisted living facilities,single family home communities, multi-tiered condominium and townhome communities. He has assisted clients in creating planned unit developments, master property owners associations, and community development districts. He has also represented clients in the structuring and formation of corporate entities and joint venture arrangements.
Mr. Kaskel has significant experience in representing borrowers and lenders in connection with commercial loan transactions, including loan work-outs and restructuring. Loans have including construction financing, acquisition and development loans, bridge financing, permanent financing and mezzanine financing. Additionally, he has represented regional and national landlords and tenants in drafting, negotiating and modifying commercial leases throughout the United States.
Mr. Kaskel has also represented national telecommunication carriers, property owners and municipalities in connection with drafting and negotiating telecommunications leases and counseling on zoning matters relating to telecommunication uses.
Previously, Mr. Kaskel was engaged as general counsel to E.B. Developers of Boca Raton, Florida, where he oversaw the firm’s legal affairs, including loan negotiation and work-out, planning, forming and drafting community association documents, drafting and negotiating property acquisition documents, due diligence issues, financing, zoning and permitting, and asset disposition.Â Prior to joining E.B. Developers, Mr. Kaskel was a senior attorney with Becker & Poliakoff in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Mr. Kaskel practiced law in New Jersey for several years before moving to Florida in 1999. His previous positions include real estate attorney with Drinker, Biddle and Reath, counsel to Garden Homes/Wilf Organization, Assistant Deputy Pubic Defender in Union County, New Jersey, and Tax Associate with Price Waterhouse Coopers.
Mr. Kaskel is currently a Board Member of the Jewish Association for Residential Care (“JARC”).
- Represent Developer in connection with acquiring, financing, platting and developing 120 acre parcel into 1,100 residential units, 400,000 square feet of commercial space, with master and four neighborhood sub-associations and community development district in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
- Represent investors in acquisition of fractured condominium communities throughout Florida.
- Represent Landlord in connection with drafting and negotiating a 1,000,000 square foot lease in Broward County, Florida.
- Represent adult living facility in connection with land acquisition, development, re-zoning, and municipal property annexation.
- Represent condominium association in connection with sale of entire condominium building to single purchaser and termination of the condominium first such transaction completed in Florida.
- Represent one of New Jersey’s largest single and multi-family home and commercial developers in all phases of land acquisition, development, financing, approvals and sale/lease to end-users.
- Represent local and national banking institutions and investors in acquisition, construction and mezzanine financing and other secured lending transactions.
- Convert Palm Beach, Florida co-operative association to condominium form of ownership.
- Represent REIT in connection with acquisition of portfolio of 50 commercial properties.
- Work with United Kingdom finical markets and investment banks while assisting U.S. based real estate obtain public and private financing. Work on public floatation of fund on London’s AIM market.
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Florida Bar – 1994
New Jersey Bar – 1993
Western New England College School of Law, JD, 1992
Rutgers School of Law, third year law school – June, 1991 – May, 1992
State University of New York at Binghamton, BA, 1987
Board Certified Real Estate Attorney by The Florida Bar
Professional Associations and Memberships
Chair South Palm Beach County Bar Association Real Estate Law Committee (2010 – Present)
Member Florida Bar Grievance Committee (2010 – 2013)
Florida Bar Grievance Committee Panel Chair (2012-2013)
Superlawyers 2014, 2015
Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2010, 2011 and 2012
“Bulk Acquisition of Florida Distressed Condominiums”, New York Law Journal, 2010
University of Miami
- Boyers Institute on Condominiums and Cluster Developments
- 2010 Condominium Associations and Bulk Buyers
- 2004 Terminating a Condominium
Lectured on Drafting Principles of Real Estate Contracts and Elements of a Real Estate Contract