Ronald S. Kaniuk
Ronald Scott Kaniuk is Senior Counsel practicing in the Community Associations Practice Group. Mr. Kaniuk’s practice focuses primarily on civil litigation, concentrating in the areas of community association law, commercial and residential real estate litigation, foreclosure, bankruptcy/creditors’ rights and asset recovery, as well as corporate and real estate matters. Mr. Kaniuk represents a variety of homeowner and condominium associations, as well as individual and corporate clients, banks and direct private lenders and commercial real property owners.
Prior to joining Sachs Sax Caplan, P.L., Mr. Kaniuk was a Founding Member and Co-Managing Partner of Ricardo, Wasylik & Kaniuk, P.L., where he built a state-wide foreclosure defense, bankruptcy and consumers’ rights practice. In that role, he was a staunch advocate for homeowners and consumers, and was a featured speaker at programs and events throughoutSouth Floridaaimed at educating homeowners sponsored by local bar associations, realtor associations and community groups.
New York, 1997
New Jersey, 1996
District of New Jersey (1996); Eastern and Southern Districts of New York (1997); Western District of New York (1999); Southern District of Florida (2005); Middle District of Florida (2008).
Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts, 1993
St. John’s University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1996
St. John’s University School of Law, LL.M. in Bankruptcy, 2002
Professional Memberships and Activities
American Bankruptcy Institute; American Bar Association; Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida; Broward County Bar Association (Chair, Foreclosure Crisis Committee of Real Estate Section 2011-12); Florida Lawyers Network (Boca Raton Chapter); Martin County Bar Association (Condo/HOA Committee, 2012-present); New York County Lawyers’ Association; New York State Bar Association; Palm Beach County Bar Association; South Palm Beach County Bar Association; The Florida Bar (Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, 2012-present).
B’nai Torah Congregation of Boca Raton (Business Networking Group, 2011-present; Hebrew School Committee, 2012-present); Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County: Metro Division Board Member (2006-2010); Metro Business Parlor Meeting Chair (2009-2010); Metro Business Breakfast Networking Series Co-Chair (2008-2009); Metro Division Campaign Co-Chair (2007-2008); Planning & Allocation Committee Member (2007-2008); Jewish Community Relations Council (2007-2012).
- Represented direct private lender in arranging $8.1 million debtor-in-possession financing for Brooklyn-based Jewish Day School;
- Represented direct private lender in arranging for $75 million financing condominium project inMiami’sNorth Bay Village;
- Represented a Top 20 South Florida Accounting Firm client in acquisition of its Headquarters Buildings in Aventura andBoca Raton,Florida
- Contributing Author to Florida Foreclosure: What Lawyers Need to Know by Thompson Reuters (2010-2011)
- Contributing Author to Florida: The Foreclosure Capital of the Country, published in Florida Foreclosure Defense Strategies, an Aspatore Special Report (2010-2011)
- Author, European Perspectives on Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide, 9:1 New York Int’l L. Rev. 85 (1996)
- Author, Recent Decision–Zoneheath Associates Limited v. China Tianjin International, 8:2 New York Int’l L. Rev. 133 (1995)
- Author, Recent Decision–Alaska Sport Fishing Association v. Exxon Corp., Journal of the Environmental Law Section of theNew York State Bar Association (1995)
- Author, Recent Decision–United States v. Alvarez-Sanchez, St. John’s University school of Law Criminal Law Institute’s Federal Case Review, Vol. 26, No. 1 (1995) (also published in the Journal of the 1995 J. Walter McKenna Public Forum on Criminal Law, 1995)