Board Certified Condominium and Planned Development Law
Peter S. Sachs is a Founding Partner of Sachs Sax Caplan P.L. Mr. Sachs is Board Certified in Condominium and Planned Development Law by the Florida Bar and through the years has handled a multitude of matters related to community associations (condominiums, cooperatives, homeowners, master and country clubs). He is one of the pioneers in the development of community association law and has earned a reputation as a staunch consumer rights advocate.
Notable Client Work
- He has obtained significant settlements on behalf of each of the four (4) Century Village communities and the Kings Point complex in Delray Beach. These settlements included modifications of long-term contracts of adhesion such as 99-year recreation leases and payments for construction defects resulting in millions of dollars of benefits for the residents.
- Created and represents Kings Point Recreation Corporation, the unit owner controlled entity that operates and administers the amenity package for 7,200 Kings Point unit owners.
- In several gated communities, has successfully merged the two (2) governing Chapter 617 entities (County Club and Property Owners Association) into a single entity resulting in increased efficiencies, sales tax savings for Club members and reallocation of real estate taxes for the community.
AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over 40 years, the highest peer review rating attainable
Florida Super Lawyers, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2017-2023
Board Certification - Condominium and Planned Development Law
- Aberdeen Golf & Country Club
- Boca Holdings, Inc.
- Broken Sound Club, Inc.
- Centennial Bank
- Century of Boca Raton Acquisition Group
- Century of Boca Raton Umbrella Association
- Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
- Hunters Run Golf & Country Club POA
- Kings Point Community Association
- Kings Point Recreation Corporation
- Palm Greens Community Association
- St. Andrews Country Club POA
- Wycliffe Golf & Country Club POA
Florida, 1973 - Board Certified Condominium and Planned Development Law
New York, 1980
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1974
U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1988
Supreme Court of the United States, 2018
J.D., cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, 1973
Fordham Law Review, 1971 - 1973
B.A., History, Queens College of the City University of New York, 1969
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Federal Judicial Nominating Committee for The Southern District of Florida 2005 - 2008
- 15th Circuit (Palm Beach) Judicial Nominating Commission (1988-1992), Past Chair
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member, Past President
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member of the Board of Governors (1992 - 1996)
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, Gubernatorial Appointee (2010-2020)
- Florida Independent Living Council, Inc., Past President, Gubernatorial Appointee (2004 - 2013)
- American Red Cross - Greater Palm Beach Area Chapter, Past Board Member
“Unit Owner Rights”, Florida Bar Manual on Condominiums, 1982, 1987, 1996, 1998, 2002, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2018.
- Condominium & Cluster Housing Dev. Institute, The University of Miami
- Annual Condominium Law Seminar, The Florida Bar
- Basic Real Estate Seminar, The Florida Bar
- Out of State Practitioners Seminar, The Florida Bar